“Oh what a tangled web we weave, when first we practise to deceive” ~ Sir Walter Scott.

Saturday, June 09, 2007

"Weaving spiders, come not here"

mmediate relief from their intervention into my personal life was an instant purpose of the lawsuit. Once served, the calls from DF and KMC subsided. I surmised that most likely they'd been advised by counsel that with civil process underway, it wouldn't be a good idea to continue to hound me, as they had since DF vanished. Naturally, I was thankful for the reprieve. And while I expected that any of the funds DF had squirreled from the marriage would likely be long gone by the time legal process would be consummated, my interest was for the most part to meet the offenders face-to-face in a court room, to show them that I had not deserved to be so deceived, and that honesty in marriage was paramount.
Weaving spiders, come not here
Hence, you long-legg'd spinners, hence!
Beetles black, approach not near;
Worm nor snail, do no offence


~ A Midsummer Night's Dream, Shakespeare



Unlike June, days in July lingered and the month seemed to creep along at a snail's pace. Even though activities in my business were more hectic than prior years, it must have been the anticipation of Doug's return in July that made it feel as if the month would never end.

On top of it all, when Doug did touch base with me by email, he reported that he'd met with some delay in the project on the West Coast, and expected not to be finished for yet another three weeks.
Tempus fugit, NOT!

No comments: