“Oh what a tangled web we weave, when first we practise to deceive” ~ Sir Walter Scott.

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Isolating Incidents

lacing the memories in the past, where they belong, makes room for new and happier ones, or so it is hoped. Perhaps the ILW site was not the appropriate place to seek comfort from my dilemma, but I wanted to meet new people and gain some support at a very bleak time in my life. No doubt those I did encounter have left an indelible imprint on my heart. You will remain very important to me in the future and I hope, as I move forward, you will choose to join me.

Betrayal is nothing new in this world. Unfortunately, it happens all too often and to too many. In an effort to make certain that I could emerge from this situation as vital and unscarred, absent of malice or any other negative emotions, I chose to consider the events surrounding my short marriage as just one isolated incident ~ with a future of better and happier incidents ahead. I also hoped to embrace the future with continued trust and believe in people going forward, as I had always done so in the past. I worked fastidiously on that, making certain that this bitter experience not spill over onto anyone I encounter. This approach would later prove to seal my fate.

Ending a marriage is difficult; annulment, given my spouse had a hidden agenda can bring rather unpleasant circumstances. Probably the most difficult step in the process was to accept the reality that, despite his words and actions to the contrary, I was considered simply a “tool” by my ex-husband.

Ahead lies a journey of self re-discovery and the shedding of the label “inanimate” assigned to me by someone I had trusted and married. A am the victim; the prey. But I wish to be remembered as a deeply passionate, vivacious, caring and forgiving person.

No comments: