“Oh what a tangled web we weave, when first we practise to deceive” ~ Sir Walter Scott.

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Les oiseaux d'une meme couleur

I landed here to seek refuge.
A delicate bird, stunned and injured
from so much deception in its past.
The family nest had been abandoned.
I found myself vulnerable and alone.

A friend perched on the nest beside me
and pledged never to leave.
Hope was renewed.
Though I knew there was a chance
I might never soar again,
I found comfort in gaining a good friend,
in spite of all that had been lost.
Knowing words shared with me in the past
had turned out to be empty and untrue,
it took a giant leap of faith
to place my safety in another’s hands
But as my friend so oft assured…
“Spread your wings and take flight,
I’ll always be here to catch you, lest you fall.”

So, trust I did, as I sprung from the nest,
But my wings were crushed by the ground below
Alas, my friend had taken flight.

Oh, my trusted friend,
I need to know that you really did care,
and this was just a tragic accident.
For without, I fear I shall never take wing again.

Les oiseaux d'une même couleur?
Birds of a feather?

No comments: