“Oh what a tangled web we weave, when first we practise to deceive” ~ Sir Walter Scott.

Monday, May 14, 2007

À chaque fou plaît sa marotte

Although not the centre of our discussions, by any means, the fact that Doug's Yahoo chat ID had been used in a post on ILW in mid-February was disconcerting to say the least. All members of the "Famous Five" were instantly suspect.

We recalled the first night that all of us had joined in an ILW friends chat room, set up by Still Learning. That night, I'd created a Yahoo chat ID that was similar to the swissnut moniker I used on ILW in order to enter the chat room, but had spent most of my time in a private chat with Doug, instead. Doug had entered the room briefly, but later resorted to chatting with me in private. Furthermore, Doug's Yahoo ID used in the chat room, was not the same as the "irritated" moniker he'd used on ILW. We racked our brains to recall anyone that might have entered the room, long enough to see the ID he used to later try to discredit him or me on the ILW message board. For the most part, only the "Famous Five" had participated to any degree in the chat room, but Doug and I also remembered BS made an appearance, as well.

Doug shared with me that BS had asked why I wasn't actively participating in the ILW friends chat room that night, after I had posted an invitation for others to join us over there. Doug sensed BS was disinterested in anyone else in the chat room other than me and had commented to that effect at one point in the evening. It was from this knowledge and a recent post by BS that Doug and I began to fashion a reply, that I would later post myself, since Doug had been banned access to ILW after the Clark Reynolds post, we surmised. We'd both noted a rash of recent brand new members on ILW that had made posts directed, specifically, to BS, yet had not been active on the board long enough to have had any personal knowledge of BS's extensive grasp of immigration protocol. It all seemed too strange. We wondered if these members had been created by BS, himself, to draw attention to his vast familiarity with procedure without appearing, openly, to be patting himself on the back.

À chaque fou plaît sa marotte.
Every ass loves to hear himself bray.

No comments: