“Oh what a tangled web we weave, when first we practise to deceive” ~ Sir Walter Scott.

Thursday, May 24, 2007

Spring thaws

By mid-March it became patently clear that Doug had left early for his assignment out west. I received no answer to the three brief instant messages I'd left at the beginning of the month.

The divorce process was moving along; a court mediation scheduled but handled, principally, by our respective attorneys, since the mediator felt it unwise to have me in the room with DF. DF was cold, and discompassionate and KMC was circling in the hallway like a raptor waiting to seize the moment and swoop in to snatch what was left. The final divorce hearing was set for April. Since I'd answered DF's divorce petition with a request for an annulment, I was hopeful that the matter would be resolved very quickly.

Spring was just around the corner, never too soon in this region, I'll add. I looked forward to the termination of my marriage much like one views the first thaw after an arduous winter~ I was longing for it to be final so that I could move forward with much more exciting plans to meet Doug in person. On March 19th I dashed off a brief email to Doug at his Yahoo email address, hoping that he was doing well and to let him know I was missing him.

No comments: