“Oh what a tangled web we weave, when first we practise to deceive” ~ Sir Walter Scott.

Sunday, May 27, 2007

Secure communication

ahoo!
Imagine my delight when I opened Yahoo email to find a quick note from Doug, right before the end of March. I'd been feeling very dejected ever since he disappeared without notice, but the first few words of his email perked up my spirits.

"Hi beautiful, I imagine you'd been wondering where I disappeared to all this time, I'm sorry for my ex-communicado status..." it began.

Now, after this short email, everything made sense. He'd left for his assignment out on the west coast in rather a hurry and was in a high security facility with little access to the Internet and all outgoing communications being monitored. He apologised for leaving me hanging and wanted to let me know he was thinking of me.

I appreciated the contact immensely and was eager to meet as he'd promised we would. Only 75 more days before his project would end and he'd be back in Tallahassee!

No comments: